Translate This Page

Christ Church Berwick

Location
Located In Berwick
Where To Find Us
238 Commercial St
Berwick, NS
Areas Served Berwick
Contact
Website aylesfordanglicanchurch.ca/Christ_Church_Berwick.php
E-Mail parishesofaylesfordberwick@gmail.com
Phone 902-538-9371
Contact Rev Mel Melton
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Anglican-Parishes-of-Aylesford-and-Berwick-119965221451596/
Description & Services
Information  
In 1875 a site was deeded to the Bishop of Nova Scotia in the town of Berwick, and in 1876 Christ Church Grafton was physically moved to its present location on Commercial Street.  
 
The Chancel and Vestry were added a few years later.  
 
The finished church was consecrated by Bishop Hibbert Binney in 1883.  
 
Christ Church became part of the Parish of Aylesford in 1889, and became a separate parish in 1921.  
 
A new parish hall was constructed in behind the church in 1958-59 and in 1990 a major expansion of the church was undertaken, adding more seating, a nursery and meeting room. At this time the main entrance was moved to face Commercial Street.  
 
Christ church has continued to grow, especially in recent years. 
 
Our mission statement is: 
 
“To proclaim God’s love in Jesus Christ, and to welcome all to share it.”  
We hope you will join us in worship and fellowship. 
 
Our parish also includes St Mary's Anglican Church and Christ Church Morden.
Hours Service Times: 
 
1st and 3rd Sunday 11:00 am 
2nd and 4th Sunday 9:00 am 
5th Sunday as announced in the Bell Calendar. (See Events page)
Events Calendar link to upcoming events on ValleyEvents.ca
Special Information
Tags Annapolis Valley Connect ; Community Organizations ; Recreation Categories ; Religion / Spiritual Development
Categories - General Places of Worship ; Religious/Spiritual Activities