Translate This Page

 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources and Information

Many services listed in our Community Recreation Database (Connect.ca) / NS Trails Guide have reduced hours or are currently closed to the public. We advise that you call ahead to confirm services / trails are open and available before attending in person.

Follow Public Health guidelines for the county you are in.  Always wear a mask in public, including outdoors where physical distancing cannot be maintained.

Please refer to http://novascotia.ca/coronavirus for more details.

Seaview Golf & Country Club

Location
Located In North Sydney
Where To Find Us
362 Seaview Dr
North Sydney, NS B2A 3N3
Areas Served Cape Breton Regional Municipality
Contact
Social Media Facebook Instagram Twitter
Website seaviewgcc.com/
E-Mail seaviewgolf@eastlink.ca
Contact Pro Shop; Phone: 902-794-4111
Alternate Contact Admininistration Office; Phone: 902-794-1072
Mailing Address PO Box 206 
Seaview Dr 
North Sydney, NS B2A 3N3
Description & Services
Information

Background of the Seaview Golf & Country Club

In an event which had a significant impact on sports and recreation in the Northside area, Seaview Golf & Country Club opened a 9-hole golf course on lands off Seaview Drive. Then known as Northside Golf & Country Club, it was the culmination of time and effort from founder Dr. Harold J. Davidson who with a group of friends, led the groundwork for the facility enjoyed by golf enthusiasts for the past 61 years.

Founding committee members included Arthur Bill, who first conceived the idea of a golf club on the Northside, Reginald Allen, George F. Leonard Sr., James A. Angel and Sidney Jackson. Davidson personally recruited fifty people from the Northside, Sydney & Glace Bay areas who became charter members at $100 each. These funds were used to construct the first nine holes on the present day site courtesy of a fifty-year lease on thirty-nine acres of land arranged by Sidney Jackson. Under the guidance of this group, a scenic nine-hole course was laid out and golf was then officially underway on the Northside. A short time later, in 1953, a picturesque log style clubhouse was built under the supervision of George Leonard Sr.


Special Information
Tags Active Living ; Athletics ; Cape Breton Connect ; Golf Courses ; Outdoor Play ; Personal Development ; Recreation Categories ; Summer Programs