|Record #: COL0082||Last Modified: 03 Apr 2019||Last Full Update: 16 Feb 2018|
|Where To Find Us||
Nelson Memorial Park
153 Loop of Highway 6
|Areas Served||Colchester County ; North Colchester|
|Contact||Parks and Trails Coordinator, Municipality of the County of Colchester|
|Description & Services|
|Information||Nelson Memorial Park is a 47-acre picnic park situated in a quiet, natural setting beside Tatamagouche Bay on the Northumberland Shore. The park has both open field and forested areas.
• 3 large picnic shelters (2 with barbeque grills)
• Open and shaded picnic tables
• Walking paths (coastal, forest, field)
• Washrooms (new building opening late summer 2019)
• Ocean access (gravel beach with salt marsh grasses)
• Access to the Butter Trail (rail trail), part of The Great Trail
• Floral gardens (a project in partnership with Tatamagouche Communities in Bloom)
To inquire about scheduling an event or reserving a picnic shelter at the park, please contact Colchester Recreation or use the online park reservation form.
Location and Directions:
The park is located at 153 Loop of Highway 6, just 2 km west of Tatamagouche via Highway 6 and 55 km north of Truro via Route 311.
From Highway 6 on the west side of Tatamagouche, follow the blue and white signs to the park.
|Hours||8:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Dates||mid-May to mid-October
Walkers are welcome year-round.
|Tags||Fundy Connect ; Outdoor Recreation ; Park ; Picnic Grounds ; Playground ; Recreation Categories ; Trails ; Walking|
|Categories - General||Playgrounds|