|Record #: GUY0139||Last Modified: 30 Aug 2017||Last Full Update: 27 Nov 2014|
|Where To Find Us|
|Areas Served||Guysborough County|
|Toll Free Phone||877-332-1277|
|Contact||Grail Sangster, Executive Director|
|Mailing Address||Box 255
9996 Highway 16
Guysborough, NS B0H 1N0
|Description & Services|
|Information||The Guysborough County Adult Learning Association will work with adults who want to improve their reading, writing, and math skills so that they can participate more fully in their home, workplace and community.
The objectives are:
- To help adults who want to improve their reading, writing and math skills.
- To examine present literacy and upgrading programs to see if they are meeting the needs of the adult learners and try to make improvements.
- To speak out for adult learners and help them to find programs that suit their needs.
- To encourage the use of a variety of teaching methods based on individual needs
- To involve the community in helping adults improve their reading, writing and math skills.
- To encourage learners to become members of GALA.
- To help learners, tutors and interested groups share educational materials, ideas and concerns.
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) and up|
|Tags||Classes/courses ; Highland Connect ; Recreation Categories ; Special Interest|