Tupperville School Museum
|Record #: MCA0054||Last Modified: 17 Jun 2020||Last Full Update: 17 Jun 2020|
|Where To Find Us||
2663 Hwy 201
|Areas Served||Annapolis Valley Region|
|Description & Services|
The Tupperville School Museum was operated as a one-room schoolhouse from 1858 to 1970. In 1972 it was converted to a school museum.
The building is constructed in the Greek Revival Style with one of its most striking features being the symmetrically placed six over six Gothic Revival styled rolled glass windows.
Overall, the Greek Revival Styling of the Tupperville School Museum shows a structure reflecting a true sense of proportional balance and symmetry characteristic of a design movement employed in many of Nova Scotia's country schoolhouses and public buildings.
The Tupperville School Museum is a Municipal Heritage Property, registered by the Municipality of Annapolis County on March 21, 2000.
Inside you will find old pine desks, an organ, teacher’s desk & chair, school-book collection including Royal Readers, and pre-1950 photos and scrapbooks.
Small collection of Mi’kmaq crafts by Louis Jeremy is on site as well.
|Hours||10:00am - 5:00pm daily|
|Dates||Open 12 weeks during summer months, Jun - Aug.|
|Tags||Annapolis Valley Connect ; Family-friendly ; Museum ; Recreation Categories|
|Categories - General||Cultural Heritage Programs ; Museums|