Clean Annapolis River Project
|Record #: MCA0079||Last Modified: 16 Jul 2018||Last Full Update: 09 Nov 2015|
|Located Within||Annapolis Royal|
|Where To Find Us||
314 St. George St
Annapolis Royal, NS B0S 1A0
|Areas Served||Annapolis County|
|Description & Services|
Ecologically healthy watersheds
To enhance the ecological health of the Annapolis River watershed through science, leadership and community engagement.
- To continually assess the ecological health and environmental stressors of the Annapolis River watershed
- To iidentify and establish priorities and projects to enhance the ecological integrity of the Annapolis River watershed
- To empower all decision-makers with the knowledge, tools, and research to make ecologically sound decisions with respect to the Annapolis River watershed
- To facilitate collaboration among all stakeholders to address the environmental challenges facing the Annapolis River watershed
- To engage local community members in the restoration and protection of the Annapolis River watershed in ways that are meaningful, relevant, and fun
The Clean Annapolis River Project welcomes all individuals who are interested in taking action to improve the quality of the environment within the watershed.
Volunteering opportunities include:
- Becoming a River Guardian
- Managing and removing invasive plants
- General fieldwork
- Office based projects
- Community outreach and education
The Annapolis River Guardians is our longest running project.
Its success has been a result of the commitment of our volunteers.
To be a part of this project or any other CARP project please contact us.
8:30 am-4:30 pm
|Tags||Annapolis Valley Connect ; Canoe/Kayak ; NS Trail Guide ; Recreation Categories ; Volunteer Opportunity|
|Categories||Canoeing ; Day Cruises ; Dragon Boat Racing ; Environmental Protection and Improvement ; Kayaking ; Special Events & Festivals ; Special Interest Clubs ; Volunteer Opportunities ; Watercraft Events/Activities|