Bridgetown Lawn Bowling Club
|Record #: MCA0107||Last Modified: 06 Jun 2018||Last Full Update: 06 Jun 2018|
|Where To Find Us||
72 Chipman Ave
Bridgetown, NS B0S 1C0
|Areas Served||Annapolis County|
|Contact||Milledge or Connie Sheridan|
|Description & Services|
Lawn bowling is a relatively easy game to play but it is played at various skill levels.
However, the game is played in the same manner whether it be in competition or at a club level and can be enjoyed by everyone.
In lawn bowling:
– teams consist of 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 players
– the game consists of a certain number of ends and are predetermined prior to the start
– a coin is flipped prior to the start of each game to determine who bowls first
– a mat is placed on the green and each bowler must stand on this while delivering his/her bowls
– the team going first delivers (rolls) a jack (white ball) up the green a minimum/maximum distance from the mat
– each member of the team delivers his/her bowls in an effort to reach the jack
– this is done on an alternating basis
– once all the bowls have been delivered by each team the score for that end is determined
– score is based on which bowl (or team bowls) are closest to the jack
– once the score is determined the bowls are moved and the next end begins as before
– the team scoring the highest number of points after all the ends are played is declared the winner
The above covers the basis for how the game of lawn bowls is played.
There are other rules or variations to the above which apply.
These serve as guidelines to playing the game and makes the game even more interesting and challenging.
Like anything else a person does the more you play the game the more one understands the rules and improves their skill level.
Our club provides the opportunity for anyone to participate and enjoy this game.
Simply show up at the club on Monday and/or Wednesday evenings at 7 pm wearing flat soled footwear (no heels). All other equipment (bowls, etc.) is provided.
Names are drawn in a way to ensure each team consists of experienced and inexperienced bowlers.
New membership for May to September next year is $75.00 for the season.
Want to have some fun? Give lawn bowling a try!
|Dates||May - Sep|
|Tags||Annapolis Valley Connect ; Community Sport Organizations ; Lawn Bowling ; Outdoor Recreation ; Recreation Categories ; Summer Fun|