Translate This Page

 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources and Information

Many services listed in our Community Recreation Database ( / NS Trails Guide have reduced hours or are currently closed to the public. We advise that you call ahead to confirm services / trails are open and available before attending in person.

Follow Public Health guidelines for the county you are in.  Always wear a mask in public, including outdoors where physical distancing cannot be maintained.

Please refer to for more details.

Museum-Ottawa House By-the-Sea Museum and Parrsborough Shore Historical Society

Public Bulletin Seasonal Museum and archives On the Bay of Fundy, check wesite for
Located In Parrsboro
Where To Find Us
Ottawa House By-the-Sea Museum
1155 Whitehall Rd
Parrsboro, NS B0M 1S0
Areas Served Atlantic Canada
Social Media Facebook
Phone 902-254-2376
Contact Sean Smith, Manager/ Curator, Parrsborough Shore Hist Soc; Email:
Alternate Contact Harriet McCready, President, Parrsborough Shore Hist. Soc.; Phone: 902-254-2092; Email:
Mailing Address c/o Parrsborough Shore Hist. Soc. 
PO Box 98 
Ottawa House Museum 
1155 Whitehall Rd Rd W 
Parrsboro, NS 
Canada B0M 1S0
Volunteers Wanted! Email:
Volunteer Opportunity If you are interested in volunteering in a safe, friendly and interesting museum on scenic Bay of Fundy the Ottawa House museum is always looking for great people to volunteer in interpretation, archives, kitchen and serving, outside grounds, etc.
Description & Services
Trail Rating Beach and Partridge Island trail near. #1 Incline
Information Ottawa House By-the-Sea is a wood-framed Georgian style house, and was built in approximately 1770. The two-and-a-half story building overlooks the Bay of Fundy and is one of the oldest buildings in the area. The building has had many functions, and for may years was primarily an inn, but is best known as the summer home of Charles Tupper, Premier of Nova Scotia, Father of Confederation, and sixth Prime Minister of Canada. The house has been undergoing major restorative and interpretive improvements. The museum's exhibits focus on the timeline of the building and the site as well as the people and the history of the Parrsborough Shore (the spelling represents the original Township- from Apple River to Five Islands) .  
The Parrsborough Shore Historical Society was founded in 1977 to "...bring together those people interested in the history of the Parrsborough Shore..." and to "...collect material which may help to illustrate the history ..." (Memorandum of Association. When the Ottawa House By-The-Sea property was listed for sale, the society convinced the Nova Scotia government to purchase the property (1980) and lease it to the Society which, in 1981, established it as a museum dedicated to preserving the artifacts and heritage of the Parrsborough Shore. (The Parrsborough Shore refers to not just the town of Parrsboro but to the other communities up and down shore who have an equally rich historical heritage.)
Hours Opening 10 am to 5 pm
Dates Opening July 2nd, Thursdays to Mondays, closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Accessibility Wheelchair accessible #2, Parking on west side with ramp to building. Wheelchair accessible washroom. Ground floor accessible with displays and interpretive panels and canteen. Veranda accessible.
Special Information
Tags Cultural ; Fundy Connect ; Museum ; Recreation Categories ; Tourism