Corney Brook Trail
|Record #: MCI0053||Last Modified: 17 Dec 2018||Last Full Update: 07 Mar 2017|
|Public Bulletin||A park pass is required for hiking or use of other services in the park; park entry fee applies. Check in at the Parks Canada Visitor Centres in Chéticamp (16 Visitor Centre Rd., situated on the west side of the park) or in Ingonish (37637 Cabot Trail, on the east side of the park) to obtain passes, information on visitor safety and any other information you may need, including a trail location map.|
|Located Within||Pleasant Bay|
|Where To Find Us||
Trailhead: Across from Corney Brook Campground
18573 Cabot Trail
Pleasant Bay, NS B0E 2P0
|Areas Served||Inverness County|
|Description & Services|
|Trail Rating||Easy - Cliffs along river edge near beginning of trail.|
Length: 6.5 km (4 mi) return
Elevation: 30 - 170 m (100 - 560 ft)
Significant Features: Acadian forest river canyon, waterfall
Follow a meandering brook through a hardwood forest to a small waterfall that marks the end of the trail. You are actually in a box river canyon – there is only one way out! Keep a watch out for wildlife – a variety of birds, snowshoe hare or maybe even a moose. Local Acadians know this brook as "Rivière à Lazare".
For your comfort and safety:
- Do not approach, disturb or feed wild animals.
- Take along appropriate clothing - rapid weather changes often occur on the plateau or along the coast.
- Carry water with you, especially for longer trails, climbs or open barrens.
- Bring insect repellent as black flies and mosquitoes are common all summer.
- Mountain bikes are permitted only where indicated, for public safety and protection of the environment.
- Stay on boardwalks to protect fragile vegetation.
- Do not throw food or scraps along the trails or roads.
- Read "Keep it Wild, Keep it Safe" brochure, available at park visitor centres.
|Eligibility||Suitable for most skill levels.|
|Hours||Hiking Time: 2 Hours|
|Dates||Open from mid-May until the end of October.|
|Tags||All Things Trails ; Cape Breton Connect ; Family-friendly ; Hiking ; Maps ; National Parks and Historic Sites ; NS Trail Guide ; Recreation Categories ; Snowshoeing ; Tourism ; Trails ; Walking|
|Categories - General||Hiking Trails ; Maps ; National Parks ; Snowshoe Trails|