|Record #: TOB0119||Last Modified: 27 Nov 2020||Last Full Update: 27 Nov 2020|
|Where To Find Us||
Fishermen's Memorial Hospital
14 High St
|Areas Served||Lunenburg County|
|Contact||Lisa Pomfrey-Talbot, Community Health Board Coordinator, NSHA|
|Mailing Address||c/o Lunenburg County Community Health Board
PO Box 1180
14 High St
Lunenburg, NS B0J 2C0
|Description & Services|
|Information||The Lunenburg County Community Health Board (LCCHB) is a group of volunteers from your local area who are working to improve health and wellness. Our role is legislated under the Health Authorities Act. We represent the people of Lunenburg County and strive to recruit members from the far corners of our county. We encourage members to join who reflect the diversity of our county - men and women of all ages, ethnic groups, etc. We seek out those who have an interest in health and wellness and those who have knowledge of their local community.
Our Community Health Board:
- Listens to the people of Lunenburg County, gathering information on health and wellness concerns;
- Develops a Community Health Plan, setting priorities for change;
- Advises South Shore Health, our District Health Authority, on ways to improve health and health services;
- Takes action at the community level to put the CHB Plan into place;
- Awards Wellness Grants to local community organizations.
Community Wellness Grants
- Up to $3000 for new or existing projects that promote healthy lifestyles and support at least one of the priority areas of the Lunenburg County Community Health Plan which include: Physical Health & Well being; Addictions; Mental Health & Well being; Healthy Eating/Food Security; Healthy Child, Youth & Family Development.
|Tags||Funding programs ; Recreation Categories ; South Shore Connect ; Volunteer Opportunity|