Translate This Page

Tupperville School Museum

Record #: MCA0054
Last Modified: 17 Jun 2020
Last Full Update: 17 Jun 2020


Located In Tupperville
Where To Find Us
2663 Hwy 201
Tupperville, NS
Areas Served Annapolis Valley Region


Phone 902-665-2579

Description & Services

The Tupperville School Museum was operated as a one-room schoolhouse from 1858 to 1970. In 1972 it was converted to a school museum.  
The building is constructed in the Greek Revival Style with one of its most striking features being the symmetrically placed six over six Gothic Revival styled rolled glass windows.  
Overall, the Greek Revival Styling of the Tupperville School Museum shows a structure reflecting a true sense of proportional balance and symmetry characteristic of a design movement employed in many of Nova Scotia's country schoolhouses and public buildings.  
The Tupperville School Museum is a Municipal Heritage Property, registered by the Municipality of Annapolis County on March 21, 2000. 
Inside you will find old pine desks, an organ, teacher’s desk & chair, school-book collection including Royal Readers, and pre-1950 photos and scrapbooks.  
Small collection of Mi’kmaq crafts by Louis Jeremy is on site as well.  
Admission: Free 
Hours 10:00am - 5:00pm daily
Dates Open 12 weeks during summer months, Jun - Aug.
Events Calendar link to upcoming events on

Special Information