|Located In||Bear River|
|Where To Find Us||
1277 River Rd
Bear River, NS B0S 1B0
|Areas Served||Annapolis County ; Bear River ; Digby County|
Description & Services
The Bear River Volunteer Fire Department is nestled in a valley at the mouth of a river located in the community of Bear River ten minutes from highway 101.
31 members strong, the Bear River Fire Department has one of the biggest volunteer fire districts in Nova Scotia.
Becoming a volunteer member of the Bear River Fire Department is one of the most rewarding things that you will ever do for yourself and your community. However, being a firefighter is not necessarily the easiest thing to do. Firefighting is one of the most demanding jobs that you can perform, both physically and mentally. Being a volunteer Firefighter means that you will be doing things and going places that most people could not even imagine.
We are always ready for anything, anytime of the day or night.
The Bear River Fire Department is a volunteer department that responds to approximately 80 emergency calls per year. "Volunteer" does not mean that the Department and its members are not professional. Our members offer the community protection in virtually all emergency situations, with continuing training and specialization ongoing.
The duties of a Fire Fighter are varied and include (but not limited to):
- Working in the extremes of temperatures and in all weather conditions.
- Driving and operating highly specialized equipment under emergency conditions.
- Having the physical ability to perform manual labour and physically difficult tasks in diverse conditions.
- Maintaining self discipline and a high level of professionalism while on duty and in the public's eye.
- Extinguishing fires and identifying hazardous conditions.
- Being willing to take part in ongoing training, with a changing learning curve to better protect yourself, your fellow firefighters, and the public.
The benefits of being a member of the Bear River Fire Department are many!
Although not monetary, they are the type of benefits that will make you, your family and your neighbors sleep better at night, just knowing that you and the rest of the Department are there whenever needed!
One of the best benefits of being a member is the social aspect of the Department. It's like gaining 30 new relatives at once. Your new "family" will be there for you no matter what circumstances because the bond that is made between firefighters is made for life.
If you think you have got the "right stuff" to serve your Community as a volunteer firefighter, then why not join our team! Click here for the Application!