|Where To Find Us
|Digby County ; Shelburne County ; Yarmouth County
|Lisa Newell-Bain, Executive Director, South West Nova Transtion House Association; Phone: 902-742-4473; Fax: Digby Outreach 902-742-4473; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Juniper House, South West Nova Transtion House Association; Phone: 902-742-8689 * 1-800-266-4087; Email: email@example.com
|c/o Juniper House
PO Box 842
Yarmouth, NS B5A 4K5
Description & Services
Who We Are
In 1985 the South West Nova Transition House Association established JUNIPER HOUSE as a safe shelter for abused women and their children in Digby, Shelburne and Yarmouth counties.
JUNIPER HOUSE has a community Board of Directors and several working committees composed of people from Digby, Yarmouth and Shelburne Counties. The house is staffed by an executive director, full and part-time counselors, Outreach Workers and a Children's Services worker.
The provincial government as well as private donations provide funding for JUNIPER HOUSE.
JUNIPER HOUSE PROVIDES:
- room for fifteen women and children
- a 24 hour toll free crisis telephone line
- 24 hour staffing
- a safe, comfortable living environment for as long as six weeks
- outreach programs
- supportive counseling
- help in understanding the legal and social services systems
- a space for women to learn to trust each other and to become productive and confident in their own abilities
|24 hour toll free crisis telephone line
24 hour staffing
|Fully Wheelchair Accessible ; Wheelchair accessible.